"Footnote" to the fish dissection story: Last night I asked Tony if he would examine my big toe. My nail is coming off after an incident with the dining room chair (that I lost) and I wanted to know if what was under there was my nail bed - or possibly a new nail. He got all heeby-jeeby on me and wouldn't do it - to which I retorted - "You are willing to stick a knife in a fish's anus - but you won't look at my toe???" Let's just say that I am so glad that flip-flop season is about over!

We didn't get real in-depth with school today because we had movers here picking up some items that we are storing until our next location - free storage is a good thing. But Caity managed to score 20/20 on a spelling test and we learned about the famous Italian painter Giotto. His works are beautiful and were pivotal in changing art in the late Middle Ages from very flat work to more dimensional art that harkened back to Ancient Rome and Greece. His characters appeared to have arms and legs beneath their robes (imagine that!) and there was depth and shading in his work.
I guess we got a bit more in depth than I thought! Enjoy your weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment