Once upon a time there was a Unit on nouns that began on day 8 of school. I should have known it was ominous because we started it in the ICU waiting lounge while we were visiting T
ony's brother. But hey, I figured after easily conquering subjects and predicates...nouns would be a dream. And I was right...it was a nightmare of sorts. Proper nouns vs. common nouns were tough - but we finally learned that the capitalization of those proper nouns gives us a clue. By day 13 (again...should have known...triskaidekaphobia and all) we were toiling on the singular/plural aspect of the darned things. Day 14 brought possessives into the picture and it seemed like she got it, but when we did a worksheet - the evidence wasn't there. We kept going though...right through the miserable review...where don't you know - she got the things I thought she wouldn't and tanked the things I thought she would ace (How about that for description!) And then the test....Crikey! She got 15/20 - which was not passing for our curriculum.We left nouns alone for awhile and then Day 18 dawned and things felt right for a new approach. I decided to let Caitlin teach it all to me. You see, knowing Caitlin, she likes to be in control and in control doing things well. By golly - it worked - she got it and then went right on and got a 19/20 on the test. YES!!!! Moral of the story: maybe I get in the way?! Who knows....but we are stuck together and hopefully make a good team.
2 comments:
Sounds like language arts is a challenge for student as well as for teacher!!!
Love seeing Tasha. How she has grown. Good to see Tony, Michael and Caitlin also.
Love you all,
MaeMae
Hey Guys GREAT BLOG!!!!
It was great seeing you guys but glad that you were there. I have seen better pics of me but under the circumstances i guess that its OK
Keep blogging and be happy
Mike
Post a Comment