Thursday, September 28, 2006

Its Thursday...

Not too much happening today around here. Well - that probably isn't quite accurate since we leave near the Capitol and all - they are probably really busy there! Caity once again conquered the spelling test with a 20/20! And I was so pleased when I looked over the spelling list for next week - it is a review list of words from all the prior weeks! See - my concern is that Caity can memorize anything for a test - but she doesn't seem to translate the correct spelling into her writing. So - I'm glad they have these comprehensive lessons.

We zipped over to Rosslyn for Chinese lessons again. A couple of weeks ago Caity asked if I could sit through the Chinese lesson with her. Prior to that - I sat in the living room while she studied at the kitchen table with her teacher. This really helped her study much better - with two of us learning the pronunciations - chances are at least one of us will retain it for studying during the week. So today...it became official and I am also a Chinese language student. I think the Janice really enjoys it as well - she had Caity and I competing against each other in a couple of games. Of course, Caity beat me. Don't even ask!

It rained buckets here - and we had lightning and thunder. Caity went to play at Allison's and I took the opportunity to lay on our new couch and look out our window and the wonderful rain. Yes - I napped - and chased our patio umbrella down once....but it was very peaceful.

And I'll need it - tomorrow I lead a caravan of 25 families to a fall festival at Cox Farms. Fall is fabulous and we will kick off our season with unlimited hayrides and a corn maze with 3 miles of trails??!! Oh - and a pumpkin patch! I personally can't wait for Farmer Tom's milking demonstration. Moo!

No comments: