Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Our Saturday...

So, I had held out this wee bit of hope that Tony would be up for attending a letterbox gathering with me this weekend. The catch was that it would involve the whole weekend of boxing to attempt all of the special letterboxes that had been created for the weekend (like almost 80!). The rain put a huge damper on any budding plans to head to Delaware for the GAMES gathering. And then, when he found out that the Dover airshow was going on and roads were closed in various areas - well I had to come up with another idea to be enthusiastic about. Fortunately, living in DC - that isn't tough at all. (Doesn't beat letterboxing by a longshot though!)

So - we opted for a mall of course. And not the National Mall this time. We were all moving a bit slow and felt lazy. So - a movie seemd the perfect choice and Tony had not experienced the Arundel Mills Mall and the Muvico 24 Egyptian Theaters. "Open Season" was the choice and we all had some good chuckles...but I felt a bit like it was one of those deals where they showed me all the funny parts in the previews. Followed the movie up with some mexican food and some time browsing at Books-a-Million. Ok - well - browsing and buying. Fess up if you can walk into a book store and leave withOUT a purchase. It just isn't possible for us. I can't say that we bought any real quality books for homeschooling - but Caity did get a totally cool make-up artist book!

Hope you had a great Saturday with your family - I think this was the first Saturday where we didn't feel the pressure to accomplish a single thing....just enjoyed each other's company.

No comments: